Sunday, September 20, 2009

A most precious thing...


Many people have wondered over the years about my conversion to Mormonism. Two missionaries called by the Lord to serve a mission came upon my childhood home in Floyds Knobs, Indiana. As I look back I wonder if they were wanting a more exotic mission call..Japan, Australia, or Africa..rather than Louisville, Kentucky Mission.My memories of those few months of praying, fasting, reading, and finally choosing are tender. I am grateful to a Heavenly Father that loves ME. That knew I was waiting in that little town, and he sent these two precious young boys to me to be taught. The responsibility of what the missionaries do weighs heavily on me. Elder Joe Nay had just a few weeks left on his mission when he and his companion, Chris McDannel,sat in their car and prayed for guidance on where to go to offer words of Christ, and for me a change of heart and life. Elder Nay did not have the privilege of baptizing me or confirming me a member of the church, but he taught me and it resonated with me. Before he left he asked me to write in his journal. I complied never knowing that 19 years later I would read my message to him again and feel those tender feelings of the Spirit...again in all its confirming and sustaining power. God loves me.

No comments: